Shawna is a licensed Physical Therapist in the state of Georgia since 2010 and in Florida since 1997. Shawna grew up in the western part of the U.S., her family settling in Florida where she graduated high school and college and began her career in Physical Therapy.
Shawna has a wide variety of experience including orthopedic and neurological rehabilitation, geriatric care, men and women’s health and medically complex patients including intensive care/ventilator dependence. At Shawna’s last position in Florida she oversaw the results and training of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation department as the Director of Rehabilitation for a large multi-site nursing home. In her transition to practicing in Georgia, Shawna performed home health rehabilitation to patients in Jackson County. Here she learned from her patients of the need for individualized, personal outpatient physical therapy care and opened Anderson Physical Therapy Associates in Braselton in 2012.
Outside of work Shawna enjoys mountain biking, camping and traveling. She lives with her husband in Dacula. Shawna volunteers her time at church, with Adopt-a-Road, Junior League of Gainesville/Hall County, Rotary Club, Hoschton Area Business Alliance and the Good News Clinic in Gainesville. In the past she has worked as a soccer organizer in the 1996 Olympics and was on the Board for the Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis.
You can reach Shawna by e-mail at email@example.com.
Clinical Areas of Specialty
- General Practice – orthopedics, neurology
- Women’s and Men’s Health – pelvic floor rehabilitation
- Low back pain
- Sacroiliac dysfunction during pregnancy
- Medically complex patients / Cardiopulmonary
Masters of Physical Therapy
Nova Southeastern University 1997
- Home health care provider
- Amedisys, Jackson Co., GA
- Director of Rehab – multi-site nursing home
- HCR Manor Care, Jacksonville, FL
- Director of Rehab and ICU/Ventilator Specialist
- Select Specialty Hospital, Orlando, FL
- Outpatient Clinic Director
- Advanced Outpatient Services, Orlando, FL
- ICU/Ventilator Specialist
- Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL
- Outpatient Physical Therapist
- Pinecrest Rehab Hospital, Delray Beach, FL